Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

123. Hook

           So. I havent watched Hook in years. It was purchased because I was in the mood to watch and when you are single you do crazy things like buy a dvd versus just renting the dvd. So I bought Hook. It has been at least 5 years sinced I watched it.
           So now what do I think. Here is my thoughts. It was not that good. Really, it was kind of boring and LONG. Hook a retelling of the classic story Peter Pan. It stars Robin Williams as Peter who has now grown all up and doesnt remember his Neverland fun. It also stars Dustin Hoffman as Hook and Julia Roberts as Tinkerbell. The story revolves around Hook kidnapping Peter's children and taking them to neverland to bait Peter into a final battle. But Peter doesnt remember anything about neverland. The flying, the fairies, the pirates nothing.
            Like I said earlier. I didnt really enjoy it. I think it would have been better for me to have not re-watched it and remembered it fondly. I must say that Hoffman as Hook was the best part. As well as Jack, the son. The best part revolves around the Lost Boys. But I just didnt like it.

Final Verdict: Not Worth Owning.

3 comments:

  1. Dustin Hoffman is awesome in this, but I hate how tinker bell is like I've always loved you and she grows. That's weird, right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my wifes favorite movies. Okay, for a "turn your brain off and veg for 2 hour" kinda movie. I thought it was good. I liked Robin Williams take on Peter Pan choosing to follow Wendy and stay in the real world, he grows up and is a corporate cut throat kinda guy. We own this movie, so...I guess it is worth owning for us. If you like Robin Williams, you gotta have it.

    ReplyDelete