Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

107. Tron

            I really couldnt believed that I had made 35 years and I have never seen the original Tron movie. But it is true so when Tron Legacy was coming out on bluray I knew I wanted to see it but I felt like I should watch the original so I did.
             Being released in 1982 Tron had cutting edge special effects at the time but now you know they are so much. So I had to get past the cheesy effects and focus on the story. The story of Tron is that the inside workings of the computer are actually a whole world. In this world programs are being taken over by the evil Master Control. The story is supplanted by another story of a programmer named Flynn played by a young Jeff Bridges. Flynn is trying to hack his way into the master control runned Encom to proof that he created some video games. But what happens is that Flynn himself is sucked into the computer and forced to fight his way out with the help of a security program named Tron. 
            While I didnt think Tron was the greatest most mind blowing movie ever I can totally see why some would think it is so awesome. It has a rich and unique plot and those that are into sci fi just eat these types of movies up. Bridges is very entertaining, even in the special effects are not that good.

Final Verdict: I am glad I watched it but would not own it. 

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Tron. The special effects made me laugh but I do realize that it was cutting edge when it was made. It was like watching a throw back movie but really it was made that way on purpose because that was cutting edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed it. We had a Tron night at my house and watch Tron first then watched Tron Legacy. I liked how they linked together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Dan buying this movie in college and making me watch it, I'm pretty sure I never got through it.

    ReplyDelete