Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

126. The Tourist

         Can a movie that doesnt have giant explosions or wild chase scenes be good in today's climate? What about no specials effects? No aliens! and GASP! NO VAMPIRES!? What would one do?
         Well the first thing you would do is hire two of the biggest stars on the planet to be in your movie. Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie star in the throw back movie The Tourist. Depp plays Frank a school teaching tourist who gets caught up in a cat and mouse chase movie. The movie was made as a old timey thriller that relies on great scenery and a whodunit plot. Depp is the best of the movie, but when is he not? I actually enjoyed watching this and not getting distracted by explosions or Will Smith tossing a whale into the ocean. It was a great, calm movie. Well watching. Just dont expect Vampires!

Final Verdict: Worth Owning!

2 comments:

  1. I have not seen this yet. But I like Johnny Depp and I like movies with a great plot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that it was a tip of the hat to the classic spy movie. Although blowing things up all the time like they do in Bourne is fun and exciting it's nice to see a real mind game every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete