Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

125. Noises Off

            Noises Off has a great cast. One of the best ensembles ever put on screen. Michael Caine, Carol Burnett, the late great John Ritter and the late great Christopher Reeves. The fact that the movie is well put together and hilarious is just the icing on the cake.
           Noises Off is the story of a traveling play and the chaos that goes on with the behind the scenes antics of a theater company. N.O. is based on a famous play and this was an excellent job making a three act play work on the big screen. If you like movies that are well acted and really funny then you should check Noises Off! I owe my love for this movie and play to my good friend Weiss who one afternoon showed up at my apartment and was like you have to watch this movie. Ritter's performance alone is worth watching.

Final Verdict: Worth Owning. Though it is hard to find on DVD.

4 comments:

  1. I love this movie. It is great on so many levels...cast, plot, laughs, the choreography. One scene where Denholm Elliott, who plays an old drunk actor, finds a bottle of booze and during the middle of the play, everyone is trying to keep the drink away from him...excellent timing!I own this and it is one movie I can watch over and over. PARENT ALERT! there is foul language in this movie, and 1 character who runs around in her undies for her part in the play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great film! I'm glad it made a lasting impression on you!

    "Sardines!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a looooooong time since I have seen this one, but I remember that it was really funny. Besides I love Carol Burnett.

    ReplyDelete