Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

119. 50 First Dates

            50 first dates is another example of how Adam Sandler is able to use his sophomoric, man child humor and cross over to main stream appeal. Again pairing him with Drew Barrymore.And just like in the Wedding Singer their chemistry proves to be a powerful.
           But the plot of 50 First Dates is a little out there. But what Sandler movie a little out there? Barrymore plays a girl who sufffers from a brain injury that causes her to reset her mind everyday and forget all she met or did the day before. Causes her family to react that day over and over to protect. For example watching the Sixth Sense everyday.
           Sandler plays a lovable womanizer who takes it upon himself to woo this girl despite the condition she is in. So he tries day after day to get in her good graces. That part of the movie is playful but then it turns conflicting as San dler falls in love only to fully realize that her condition limits their love. Overall the movie has alot of charm, great supporting characters namely Sean Astin in his first non Hobbit role as a juiced up muscle wannabe.

 Final Verdict: Worth Owning.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Bruce Willis is a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this movie. This flick proves Adam Sandler can be a very good actor. I liked his chemistry w/ Drew Barrymore, again. I agree with Jimmy that the supporting actors, Sean Astin, are great. Worth owning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good movie. It really makes you think about life in a whole new way. Overall Sandler is great and Astin is awesome.

    ReplyDelete