Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

115. Cast Away

             Everyone knows how amazing Tom Hanks is. He IS the best actor of my generation. He can handle every kind of role ranging from Comedy to Romance to Dramatic. In Cast Away Tom Hanks is shining. Im really surprised that people dont mention this role more often as one of the best of all time.
WILSON!!!!!!!!!
           Hanks plays Chuck Nolan a FedEx employee who travels all over the world to help train FedEx shipping plants everywhere. On what such trip Nolan finds himself in a plane  wreck which he survives only to find himself stranded on a deserted Island. On this Island he fights to survive. To find food. To make fire. To island made dental care. Also to fight losing his sanity. Thanks to a little volleyball friend named Wilson.
              What Hanks does with this role is amazing. He tacked on weight to film the beginning scenes of the movie. Took 9 months off, lost ALL that weight and then some to film the scenes of him stranded on the Island. There is a large chunk of the movie where hardly any dialogue is even spoken. Yet you are captivated by this movie. Absolutely amazing.

Final Verdict: Worth Owning.

8 comments:

  1. This movie is so sad. I feel so bad for him--especially when he comes home. You hope that he has a happy ending but you never know if he actually does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My power went out while watching this on some movie channel. Finally went and rented it, I had only missed the last five minutes. Worst ending EVER! Wilson does the best acting though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still want to know how he learned how to spear the fish from so far away....very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie is awe-inspiring! it really is captivating, and it speaks to people. I love this movie because it has something to say to everyone, and it's just so full of life, and beauty, and perseverance, and i can't say enough about it. it's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked this movie. It is captivating and was hard to watch in some scenes. Tom Hanks again performs this role to the "T". Just amazing what he can do. I was a little disappointed with the ending, but overall a truly great flick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hanks does a great job, but I was always confused about the ending. I always think "that's it".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this movie was very good. very impressed by Tom Hanks, he can carry this movie with very little dialogue and no supporting actors, except for "Wilson". Yes, it is sad but also shows man's will of survival. Kinda happy/sad ending but worth seeing. I'm debating about owning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nice thing about the open end is that he now has a choice to go anywhere he likes, stressing his freedom as opposite to his bad luck, and was saved by Wilson once more....

    ReplyDelete