Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Friday, May 6, 2011

110. Airborne

               1993 was a glorious year. It is the year that gave us Airborne. No, its not a movie about the those fuzzy little tablets that you take when you feel a cold coming on. It is a the story of a young, fish out of water, teenager who loves surfing and roller blading. It is not that well known and if it hadnt been for one of my best friends in college I would never have seen it. And my life would not be complete.
               Why is he a fish out of water? Because our young Mitchell is the prototypical surfer guy from California who lives to surf. When he is not surfing he is roller blading and calling everyone brah. But Mitchell's parents get the chance to move to Australia for to study the Wombat. But Mitchell doesn't get to go, he has to move to Cincinnati and live with his Aunt and Uncle. Also there is his crazy Cousin Wiley played by a young and funny Seth Green.
               There is no ocean in Cincy town and Mitchell can't seem to fit in with the rest of the school who loves Hockey. It isnt until he finds the common ground of Roller Blading that he can fit in with the cool kids. One of the cool kids happens to be a very young, very unknown and VERY funny Jack Black. Airborne is a great, very funny movie. It is filled with great characters and fun way to spend 90 minutes. If you have never seen it, please check it out.

Final Verdict: I could see me owning it someday.

5 comments:

  1. I think I saw this movie back in the 90's, but can't remember it...maybe that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen this movie. I do like Jack Black so it might be worth giving it a try just because he is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie is awesome. I loved it when I was little, and I'm pretty sure I had it recorded off tv and I would watch all the time. I love the movie, and I love rolling blading. The 90s were awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night I wacthed this movie with my wife. I forgot how funny Seth Green and Jack Black were. Great Movie.... Everyone needs to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete