Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Monday, May 16, 2011

120. Ping Pong Playa

              Absolutely one of the funniest movies I have ever seen in my entire life. I am serious. This little known movie about a Chineese slacker who loves basketball and the hip hop life but finds his path thru the teaching and playing of Ping Pong. Plus it has a whole song about cereal.
              Ping Pong Playa follows the story of Chris Wang or C-Dub. An underachieving slacker in a Chinese family who wants nothing to do with the family's ping pong store or its teaching. He wants to be a baller. Two problems. He cant rap and he is horrible at basketball. That still doesnt stop him from wearing too big jerseys and chains. In a weird twist a fate he gets stuck teaching the his family's ping pong class where C-Dub finds that his young students idolize him.
            He then enters the local ping pong tournament but has to go thru karate kid type of training with his old school father. Of course they but heads until they can find a common ground to mesh the two styles. If you have anyway to watch this movie, please do. It is so funny. It does a great job of respecting the culture of the family while being off the wall. Plus it has a song about how much C-Dub loves cereal.

Final Verdict: Worth Owning!

5 comments:

  1. I have not seen this flick. but it looks funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I've never seen this one. Looks like i'm in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No desire to see this movie. I thought the clips I have seen are really dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds funny, never heard of it. I might try and find it.

    ReplyDelete