Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Friday, May 20, 2011

124. The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

             In the Narnia books the Voyage of the Dawn Treader was my favorite novel. With the Narnia movies I did not enjoy Prince Caspian. So going into this movie I was very leery of how they were going to handle my beloved novel. I was pleased.
             Dawn Treader picks up the story after Caspian takes place only this story focuses more of the two youngest Pevensie children. Those being Edmund and Lucy. Along with their cousin Eustace they find themselves transported back into the Narnia world. this time they meet up with an older Caspian and his crew as they are traveling to ends of Narnia to help reclaim some of Narnia's prize leader.
             The reason I liked Dawn Treader as a book and as a movie is it the most non stop action of all the novels. While their is no big giant battle at the end the sea story holds up against any action flick. The whole sequence of seeing the children escape from the shadows of their siblings along with the transforming of Eustace is the heart of the story and the movie. This Narnia movie was the best, I loved it.

Final Verdict: Worth owning, but read the book too.

2 comments:

  1. I really want to see this. I loved the books and the first 2 movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that either the first Narnia or this one have been my favorite of the movies, but Prince Caspian is still my favorite book. However, this one runs a close second.

    ReplyDelete