Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Monday, May 9, 2011

113. THOR

               The god of Thunder. Odin's son. THOR! Newly created Marvel Studios brings to us their first big blockbuster attempt. Up until I saw this movie all I knew about Thor was he had a big hammer and the girl from Adventures in Babysitting dressed up like him.
              Thor the movie starts us out on his home planet of Asgard where him and his brother Loki are being raised by the King Odin himself. Thor grows up to become King, well almost. He is an arrogant, pompous and stubborn man who is thirsty to prove himself in battle. So much that he makes stupid, brash decisions. Odin is fed up and banishes Thor to Earth to learn humility and selflessness. This where the movie really takes off.
              Thor the movie is awesome. I was seriously skeptical going into it but it met my expectations and then some. Chris Hemsworth is amazing in this role. The right sense of humor and cockiness mixed in with real emotion. Also, he is Captain Kirk's dad. Natalie Portman joins us a Jane. A scientist who finds Thor, or rather hits Thor with her car. I am also amazed how well they set and use the Avengers in this movie, setting up for next year's blockbuster super hero bonanza. Give Thor a chance. It is up there with the best of the best comic book movies like X2 and Iron Man. I really hope that Thor gets his own sequel. Oh, and stay til after the credits.

Final Verdict: Worth Owning.

4 comments:

  1. Going to see it today, actually. Also, Asgad is not a planet. It's sort of an in it's own dimension, if that's a way to word it. In Norse mythology, there were nine realms. Ours being Midgard, Asgard where the gods live, Vanaheim, Alfheim, Nidaveller, Jotunheim, Svartalfheim, Hel, and Muspelheim. Leanred all that from the comics, and years later fond it was true

    ReplyDelete
  2. He can't get his hammer! Great movie--not your typical anniversary fare but still a great movie. I like the actor who plays Thor. I think he did an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see this movie! I will soon, but from my family, who saw it without me, they think is was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havn't been to the movies in months, I want to see this. I always liked Thor.

    ReplyDelete