Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

112. Hereafter

                I really like Matt Damon. He is one of my favorite actors. Everything from the Bourne movies to the Ocean's movies. Also the very underrated The Rainmaker. He is awesome. So that is even the main reason that I agreed to watch this 2 hour depressing movie.
               So lets just get that out of the way right up front. It is a movie about death. Therefore death is in this movie, kind of like a character. But man is it depressing. Real depressing. The movie does start with a bang with a Tsunami devastating a third world country and there we meet a woman named Marie who has a near death experience and sees a glimpse into the afterlife. So she starts to dive into all knowledge we can find on the subject.
                Then we meet Matt Damon who plays George who has the real legitimate psychic powers to communicate with people in the afterlife but is so depressed because his life is all about death. So he resists doing his readings. In fact he cant touch another person without getting a glimpse into their life. Think like Rogue from X-Men but not killing them. The movie is depressing, it jumps all over the place and it drags. Damon does his best to be the anti-Bourne but he should stick to action or comedy. Bleh. Even if it was directed by Clint Eastwood.

Final Verdict: I see into the future.... I will not own this movie. 

4 comments:

  1. I strongly disagree. I thought this movie was a beautiful story of a man wrestling through his problems, and growing through the experience to become a better person. I never thought it dragged, not even once, and the ending was so beautiful I cried in my chair. Clint Eastwood's style of sensitivity meets aggression really comes out here, and this movie was awe-inspiring to me. People who read this blog, please watch this movie and see what it says to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was pretty good though admittedly slow moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have not seen. I love Matt Damon. Could be an interesting flick! we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happened to this movie, I feel like I heard alot about it then it was in the theather for like a day. I wanted to see it, but I never have and now it has a bad taste in my mouth

    ReplyDelete