Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Monday, May 23, 2011

127. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

         Captain Jack Sparrow. Can you believe that a ride a the Disney park has now spawned 4 movies and has become one of the biggest movie franchises of all time? Not to mention we need to remember that until the first Pirates movie hit it big Johnny Depp was not considered a star. He was a thought of a as a great actor but not the A-list star he is now.
         But here we are. The fourth movie in the franchise finds us still following Jack Sparrow but minus his other two stars from the first 3 movies, so they will be missing from this blog too. In fact the first thing i realized about this movie is that you really dont miss those two other main characters. The story they created here with Jack Sparrow trying to track down the Fountain of Youth is very entertaining.
         Returning however is Jack Sparrows old nemesis Captain Barbossa who has sold his soul and now works for the English crown. Sparrow and Barbossa are now not so much enemies has old friends now. Adding to the mix is the new nemesis Black Beard the pirate who is desperate to find this fountain. Adding the romance is Black Beard's daughter Angelica played by Penelope Cruz and her awful english.  One new characted that I think fans will love. At least everyone in my group did is the missionary Philip played by newcomer Sam Claflin. The movie is good. It is less complex and easier to follow than the third one.

Final Verdict: Worth Owning.

3 comments:

  1. I liked this movie. I agree, there are fewer plot twists, and it is easier to follow all the story lines. I did like The comedy in this one, although it seemed a...I don't know...forced? Maybe I am just used to Capt. Jack and his antics. There was less reference to Rum and Jack did seem a little bit steadier that the first 3 movies (insert anti booze soap-box). Overall, a very entertaining movie and I will be owning it when it is available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the movie and the people I went with to see it. I did miss Orlando Bloom's character a little bit but who really cares about Keira Knightley's character. I thought that the plot line was good and I like that it was totally different from the other three movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This movie pales in comparison to the first. It is not as good as the second or third either. It is bad enough that I actually had to stop watching it and take a break. It just seems cheesy to the point of being stupid. There are a few scenes that make it watchable though. The mermaid scene is really cool and reminds me of the quality of the first movie alot.

    ReplyDelete