Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

122. Gulliver's Travels.

          Oh Jack Black. You had such high ambitions for this movie. I can really tell you wanted this to be good really bad. Well, it wasnt. The crazy thing is on the premise alone it seems it would be funny. Well that is why movies should not be made on premise alone.
          If you read my blog on School of Rock you will remember that Jack Black needs a perfect scenario to pull off a movie. Especially when he is the main lead and expected to carry the film. Well here his slacker rock humor just doesnt gel. The movie is about 30 minutes too long and really tries to make Black the loveable giant but it just doesnt click. Something is just lacking. I dont know. Just doesnt work. If you like JB and think his humor is funny then there will be parts of the movie that you will fine funny. But if you are just a casual Jack Black fan, then you should skip it.

Final Verdict: Not Worth Owning.

6 comments:

  1. My family and I just watched that movie last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I can agree with you on this. I thought this movie wasn't that good. It was trying. The movie seemed like it was all jack black, and full of humor only he would appreciate. Indeed, it was 30 minutes too long, and I could have done without seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog makes me sad. I had high hopes for this movie. I have very good memories of Ted Danson's Gulliver's Travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought it was just good. I wasn't blown away but I wasn't devistatingly disappointed either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big JB fan. He was good in the School onf Rock, and King Kong remake(because he was in a completely non-comedy role and was not the main character). If you like Jack...you'll like this movie. If not, don't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting point of view. I like to read your blog post because it is well written and intersting

    ReplyDelete