Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

69. Mr. Mom


                Most people don’t know this but Michael Keaton is a very good Comedic actor. He is very, very funny and kind of has a manic everyday comedy character that he plays. One of the funniest movies that he has done is Mr. Mom. Circa 1983.
What happened here?
        Mr. Mom, directed by Aaron Spelling!, is the story of man who is fired from his job at an auto plant and then becomes a stay at home dad when his wife gets a job. Think Daddy Day Care but this time he doesn’t start a business.  Well, of course, being the professional man that he is he has no clue how to handle his three children or the chores of the house. Actually it kind of makes him come across as a moron who doesn’t even know how to buy groceries.
                Insanity ensues along with the funny moments of a fish out of water life. The script is funny and well written and you will be surprised to find that John Hughes himself wrote Mr. Mom. 

Final Verdict: I got it free so worth owning.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this movie. well written, great actors with great timing for comedy. There are too many funny moments to mention, but Michael Keaton started out in comedy before getting all serious roll, including the Batman movies by Tim Burton. for me...worth owning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great film. I remember seeing it in the theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen this one. If we didn't own it I wouldn't even know it existed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness!!! LOVE that old movie!! I used to have a woobie just like the baby in that movie!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't even heard of this but it looks old! lol

    ReplyDelete