Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Friday, March 11, 2011

54. How Do You Know?

                   This movie was confusing. Confusing on many points.  First thing that is confusing is why a movie with Reese Witherspoon and Owen Wilson isn’t funnier. There are cute moments and it’s entertaining. But overall it’s kind of muddled and confusing at times. I guess I was expecting more.
                How Do You Know? Follows the story of Witherspoon who is a Team USA softball player whose career has run its course and who was cut from the Team for the first time ever. Lost and confused with her placed in life she meets and moves in with Wilson’s character who is a pro baseball player. I should have known something was up when he was playing for the Nationals! Joining in on the fun is Paul Rudd who plays the son Jack Nicholson. Rudd is being indicted by the government for actions he did not commit (you find out who did later).
                What follows is not that funny. Which is disappointing due to the fact that How Do You Know? is brought to you by James L. Brooks. This is the same Brooks that is one of the creators and producers of The Simpsons.  Even though the Simpsons can be muddled and confusing at times too it’s generally funny. Something that is lacking in this searching for true love movie.  Plus Brooks gave us Spanglish which is awesome.

Final Verdict: I love Owen Wilson but not worth owning.

3 comments:

  1. I think that Jack Nickelson makes a funny father in this movie. I just want to smack Reese Witherspoon and Owen Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie had a great cast, but it wasn't very good. I felt like I was wacthing an indie film where every character was awkward and you weren't for sure how to take them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Do You Know... that I want to even see this movie? How Do You Know... if it is really funny or just dumb? How Do You Know...the only good part of the movie is the ending credits?
    How Do You Know? Read the plot, watch the trailer...Boom! the movie in a nutshell. Goodnight!

    ReplyDelete