Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

44. Unstoppable

              Chugga Chugga Choo Choo!  There is a train loose in southern Pennsylvania! What do we do? That is the basis of the fast pace, non stop thriller Unstoppable starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. Inspired by true events, whatever that is supposed to mean.
If someone held a gun to my head and said “Name your top 5 favorite actors” Denzel Washington would be in that top 5. He is absolutely one of the best actors of my generation. From John Q to Remember the Titans, Denzel is the man. Not too mention Antowne Fisher, one of the most underrated movies all time. This time Denzel is joined by Chris Pine, or Captain Kirk of the new Star Trek crew. They play two railroad workers on the job one day when they find out that the train number 777 is under full power and there is no way to stop it and it’s headed straight for them.
                I love how director Tony Scott here really made the Train the main focus of this movie. It really is “The Villian” of this movie. It is mean, relentless and destroying everything in its past. It is Darth Vader meets the Chrysler Building! The movie takes place across the landscape of southern PA and shows a great glimpse into how instantly we get our news in real time. This movie is non stop. Face paced. Unstoppable is a great title because you never know if that train is going to stop! And did I mention that Denzel is in it? 

Final Verdict: Own it.

3 comments:

  1. I really loved this movie. The train is just plain evil. It makes a great villian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a movie I would like. I'll have to check it out. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have not seen this one yet, but I like Denzel Washington, too! and Chris Pine has done some very good role, so it looks good. Will have to see it to give my final verdict.

    ReplyDelete