Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

14. The Sandlot


American classic!
               In the world of sports movies very few have stood the test of time like The Sandlot. I still remember when this movie came out--while I was in high school. It was, in all senses of word, an instant classic. It is extremely funny and well written. The characters are memorable and everyone has their favorites.  How can you even pick a favorite scene in this movie? There are so many!!
                I love this movie because it really captures the love of baseball. Especially from the point of a child loving baseball. Being a child that grew up in awe of the sport I can relate. I have so many great memories from playing baseball as a child. From midget league, little league to Babe Ruth I grew up loving baseball.  A love that has continued into adulthood. Even those people who aren’t particularly fond of the sport of baseball (we call them weirdoes) love The Sandlot. Following this band of 9 friends over the course of the summer as they bond and take on the neighbor monster known as THE BEAST!
SQUINTS!
                Even today at 35 years old I still love this movie. Not only for the move itself but also for the memories I have of watching this movie growing up.  It’s a special bond that many from my generation have for this movie. You go up to almost anyone at baseball game saying “You’re killing me Smalls” and that person will instantly join in laughing. Even with the fact that the movie was degraded into having cheap knockoff sequels made it still has a special rank of its own.  Long Live The Sandlot.  God bless America and its past time! 
Final verdict: You are not American if you don’t own The Sandlot!

8 comments:

  1. Gotta love any movie that has a James Earl Jones cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was the movie that taught Caleb his first obscenity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude the Dog in this Movie is awesome and Dude it is Darth Vader i kinda wish he would have been " I Am YOur Father" to someone that would have been great or maybe if he di that awesome breath thing lol but who knows

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good top ten baseball movies:
    http://www.baseball-almanac.com/moviebat.shtml

    Sandlot is great. Love James Earl Jones, the kids' love of the sport, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so i apparently was logged into my wife's google account. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I've been coming here every summer of my adult life, and every summer there she is oiling and lotioning, lotioning and oiling... I can't take this no more!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I own this movie on DVD, I'm a true America

    ReplyDelete
  8. one of my top "I love Baseball" movies. Every young boys dream is to play baseball...okay most boys dreams....alright, a few of us wanna play baseball. This movie has a great story and just plain old fun to watch. The role that James Earl Jones plays is awesome. 100% a movie to watch over every spring. Worth it!!

    ReplyDelete