Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

10. Major Payne

Killin' is my bizness and bizness is good.
              “What we have heard is a failure to communicate!”  Major Payne, starring Damon Wayans, is about a killing machine Marine who is no longer needed in the army. So develops the movie where this hard core, highly trained soldier takes over the ROTC program and Madison Academy. If you haven’t seen it since its release in 1995 then please do so. It is, literally, laugh out loud funny.
One Tubby Tubby
                This is Damon Wayans at his best. He has always been great at characters even back to his days of In Living Color. His film career hasn’t always produced solid films (Blankman anyone?) but in Payne he clicked on all cylinders. It reminds me a lot of School of Rock. The person’s “career” isn’t working out so he takes up a chance with children. Damon is hilarious in this. Always talking about Charlie coming after him in the jungle and it’s funny to see him take the role of a nurturing father figure. Included in this is the telling of the Little Engine that Could seen below. 

 Final Verdict: So worth owning. Also one of the most quotable movies ever.

Other tidbits:    
-Karyn Parsons who plays the love interest in the movie is the same that brought us Hilary Banks in Fresh Prince of Bel-air.
-Cadet Williams of the ROTC program is also Wayans nephew.

7 comments:

  1. My favorite part is the dancing scene - he does an awesome robot!!!

    -GAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen this movie but it sounds really funny. The only thing I know about this movie is the clip you showed (at some event) of him reading the Little Engine Who Could.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the funniest movies I know of. I love it. I usually watch this and Heavyweights around the same time, for some odd reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this movie! it is so funny and, yes, Jimmy, one of the most quotable film I have seen..."Killin' is my business, and BUSINESS IS GOOD!" and who can forget..."thur, yeth thur!"... of course if you have never seen Major Payne this means nothing to you, and I pity you. This is definitely a keeper, Damon Wayans at his best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Major Payne killed the bad man in my closet with extreme prejudice! And if he's still in there, he ain't happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how he said spike lee in the middle of all the little people talk. lol and how he is talking about AK47s to kids as well as a nuclear payload. well that is all TOOT TOOT!! charlie rigged the bridge with explosives and BOOM!!!

    ReplyDelete