Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

13. The Perfect Score


The advertisement read “Breakfast Club meets Ocean’s Eleven.”
                The Perfect Score is a simple movie.  6 high schoolers band together to steal the answers to the SAT . All have their various reasons: from getting into their choice college, to trying to impress their parents or (my favorite) “it sounds like fun”.  Despite the absurd plot the movie is fun.  It stars Chris Evans (pre-Fantastic Four) and Scarlett Johansson (pre-being Scarlett Johansson) as the leaders of the group.
    Ocean’s Eleven it is not. But it does has its moments of action and suspense. And it does have a lot of humor. You can call it Oceans Lite if you will.  Leonardo Nam plays the token “Stoner guy” and what could have just been a normal part actually ends up stealing most of the movie with this character. He has the best one liners and makes the most of his screen time.  FYI former NBA lottery pick Darious Miles plays Desmond the high school superstar who needs a 900 to get into St. Johns. He made the wise choice to stick with sports. Acting is not his strong point.  
Leonardo Nam aka Roy

Final Verdict: Not as funny as I remembered.  Not worth owning. 

Quick Tidbits:
-Matthew Lillard (shaggy of Scooby Doo) plays a minor role as the older, wiser brother.  What happened to that guy?
-Director is Brian Robbins the creator of All That! and Good Burger
 

5 comments:

  1. Lillard is guest starring on shows like House. "My mom and dad are gonna be so mad at me!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I last saw this movie but I remember it being pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a funny movie but i dont think it is worth it i mean it is good but not a movie i could watch over and over again but i must say Breakfast Club and Oceans Eleven as the two to compare it too is kind of funny lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. never saw it...heck, never even heard of it. so....not worth it to me

    ReplyDelete