Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Monday, June 13, 2011

148. The Sound of Music

I know that Christiana is going to hate this blog review since The Sound of Music is one of her favorite musicials of all time but I have to be honest.

The Sound of Music is the story of the Von Trapp Family as they try to escape the Nazi take over of Austria. It starts with unruly children who are trying to gain their father's attention by constantly scaring away governesses and it ends with the night time chase and escape. Despite how exciting this all sounds I wasn't really impressed.

My wife loves this movie and owns it on blu-ray, I barely made it through it. I actually might have dosed off but who knows since they were still singing when I opened my eyes. In all fairness I don't really like musicals to begin with so it had that against it from the start. Plus the run time is almost 3 hours!

I do have to give props to Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer for their excellent acting. Maybe for me it would have been better if it wasn't a musical. The sets and scenery were beautiful and period specific. I did hear that the Rogers and Hammerstein version isn't 100% true to the real life story but they do a decent job.

If you love musicals then you will most likely love the Sound of Music. I don't  love musicals and I don't love this movie.

Final Verdict: I would never buy it but it's my wife's movie so it's not my call.

No comments:

Post a Comment