Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Monday, June 6, 2011

141. Sucker Punch

Christiana really wanted to see Sucker Punch so I have in even though I didn't think that it looked that good. In my opinion I was right although I know that Christiana really enjoyed it.

Sucker Punch starring Emily Browning is the story of a young girl who inherits a lot of money when her mother dies which infuriates her sexually abusive step father. In an attempt to protect herself and her sister from her step father she accidentally kills her sister and is sent to a mental hospital where her step father bribes a corrupt attendant to have her lobotimized so that she can't tell the police why she was shooting a gun in the first place.

In order to process and handle that she is in a mental hospital awaiting an unauthorized lobotomy her mind spins a sub-story where she and her fellow residents are captive "dancers" working for Blue (Oscar Isaac). Then in order to break free we go to another story within a story where the girls battle in video game style cut scenes in order to acquire the items they need to make an escape.

If you are confused by now so was I which is why I didn't like this movie. The video game sequences were pretty cool but the movie was very hard to follow and it was hard to tell what was the real storyline and what was her coping mechanism. I was excited to see a cameo from Jon Hamm (Mad Men). That was the best part of the whole movie!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I wanted to see this movie and I did like it. It was a little hard to follow, but it was worth it. I think that Rocket was my favorite character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie was okay. The soundtrack was awesome! I bought it through itunes while watching the movie.

    ReplyDelete