Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Thursday, June 2, 2011

137. Kung Fu Panda 2

Kung Fu Panda 2 is a surprisingly good sequel. You just never know how a sequel is going to play out but I was pleasantly surprised. This was also a great example of Jack Black done right--take notes Gulliver's Travels.

I am happy to say that this movie holds up with a strong story line of it's own and there are many funny scenes that never made it into the previews. Which means that there are more surprises and laughs in the theatre.

In Kung Fu 2, Po Ping and his friends must face their greatest and most evil opponent yet--Lord Shin (Gary Oldman). Lord Shin, a demented and blood thirtsy peacock, seeks to get his revenge and to end Kung Fu forever through his use of explosions and gun powder. One by one he seeks to destroy the greatest masters of Kung Fu and the only ones who can stop him are Po and his friends.

All the recurring characters are played by the same cast members. Can I just say that Jackie Chan makes one funny monkey? And they all do an amazing job bringing the story to life.

Final Verdict: Worth Owning!

1 comment: