Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

139. Beastly

Beastly is a modern twist on the Beauty and the Beast story. Let me tell you that I DID NOT want to watch this movie. However, Christiana finally talked me into it and I was a little curious because I love cheesy high school movies so we watched it.

I was actually surprised. It really wasn't that bad. Mary-Kate makes an intense outcast/high school witch who curses the handsome and popular Kyle (Alex Pettyfer) for playing a mean social prank on her.

Kyle's only hope of ever becoming handsome again is to find someone who he truly loves and who loves him back. Kyle is so grossed out by his own ugliness that he goes into reclusive hiding and is shunned by even his own father. Eventually dad moves Kyle into his own place where he doesn't have to see him and hires a blind tutor (that's right--Neil Patrick Harris!) to come and teach him.

Enter Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical Fame to be his love interest and hopefully break the curse and I think that you can guess the rest. If you know the Beauty and the Beast story this movie will be pretty predictable but I think that they did a good job of interpreting it with a modern twist. Like I said I was pleasantly surprised and I actually enjoyed this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up owning this movie.

1 comment:

  1. Neil Patrick Harris was a hilarious blind man! I thought the interactions between him and the Kyle character were funny. It's pretty bad that Kyle's dad thinks that he is so ugly that he needs a blind tutor.

    ReplyDelete