Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

147. Gnomeo & Juliet

So my wife finally talked me into watching Gnomeo and Juliet...a computer animated, kid friendly version of Romeo and Juliet portrayed by garden gnomes.

I think that I finally gave in because I like Emily Blunt (Juliet) and James McAvoy (Gnomeo). Needless to say the movie was really cheesy. However the music was good and the CGI was high quality. I think that the funniest character was the pink lawn flamingo, Featherstone, voiced by Jim Cummings. He was just plain funny!

I was surprised by the number of big names in this movie. The Blue Gnomes were led by Lady Bluebury (Maggie Smith). They lived in Miss Montague's (Julie Walters) garden. The Red Gnomes were led by Lord Redbrick (Michael Caine) and they lived in Mr. Capulet's (Richard Wilson) garden. For such big names I really expected the movie to be of a higher quality. I guess it was a decent children's movie but I was hoping for better. Kids movie doesn't mean that it has to be horribly boring!

The movie was about as bad as I expected it to be but I scored some husband brownie points and my wife loved it.

Final Verdict: I would never buy it. Not worth owning.

No comments:

Post a Comment