Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

140. Water for Elephants

Water for Elephants is a circus love story and famous circus accident set during the Great Depression.

After a family tragedy, Ivy League veternary student Jacob Jankoski (Robert Pattinson) drops out of school and circumstances lead him into circus life. He begins work for August (Christoph Waltz), an unstable and completely jealous ring leader who is always chasing the net big act to push his circus to the top. As a result of his search he eventually buys an elephant named Rosie--even though he has never worked with elephants before--and tasks Jacob with the job of training her. Meanwhile, Jacob is falling for August's wife Marlena (Reese Witherspoon). Which is a certain rescipe for disaster!

Needless to say, August is not the best of managers or bosses and when he gets mad you better steer clear. When he is upset or drunk (which happens often) he has been known to beat anything that comes in his path or to throw people off of the moving circus train. Eventually he goes to far and suffers the consequences. But I won't tell you how all of that plays out.

I enjoyed this movie. I love Reese Witherspoon and she did an amazing job as usual. I even found that Robert Pattinson isn't the worst actor in the world when he is playing a normal human being instead of being a wizard or vampire! That's a small miracle in and of itself. I think that this movie is worth owning.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. This movie was surprisingly good and Pattinson actually did a decent job. I love the scenes with Reese Witherspoon doing stunts with Rosie the elephant. They make want to go to a real live circus.

    ReplyDelete