Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

81. Fair Game


               Fair Game is the true story about Valerie Plame. Plame was the victim of a government conspiracy. When her husband writes an article calling out a few government inaccuracies, Plame’s identity as a covert CIA operative is leaked to the general public in retaliation. This effectively ends her career in the CIA and all forms of craziness break loose. The movie deals with the conspiracy and the aftermath of that revelation.
             What Fair Game also is, is a story about the War in Iraq and whether or not we have adequate information of Weapons of Mass Destruction or WMDs. Starring in this film is Naomi Watts (The Ring movies) as Plame and Sean Penn as her husband former Ambassador Joe Wilson. Wilson makes it his personal mission to clear not only Plame’s name but to bring down the people that did this as well.
                If you watch this movie as pure fiction and as a movie it is really good. The acting of the movie and the pace of the film are great. The movie is directed by Doug Liman who did the Bourne Movies. You can also look at this movie as a shot a Bush’s job as president and how he tried to justify a reason to go to war in Iraq. But either way the movie is good and I enjoyed it better than I thought.

Final Verdict: Not worth owning but worth watching!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't decide whether to be mad at Joe for starting this whole mess or to feel sorry for Valerie because her career is now over. The movie was very up and down. I wouldn't spend my money on it. I am thankful that it was a free rental or I probably would have been really, really disappointed.

    ReplyDelete