Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Monday, February 14, 2011

29. Just Go With It


               Adam Sandler. What does one think about when you hear that name? First thing that always pops in my head is Billy Madison.  Maybe then Opera Man.  But do you still think Movie Star when you hear the name of Adam Sandler? You should.
                His movies have made over a BILLION dollars at the box office and its almost a sure thing when it comes to his style of movies. His latest, which we saw at the always awesome AMC 16 in Creve Coeur,  Just Go With It is good. Really good. I can't help but wonder when people will start to look past the sophomoric, frat boy humor that he injects into his movies and see the depth that he does layer his films with.  It's not all Happy Gilmore. Bedtime Stories, Click and 50 first dates have some of the most genuine heart tugging moments  that are just as good as any other movie.
  Just Go With It is about a guy whose whole scam to pick up women is to pretend he is in a bad marriage and plays the victim to get their sympathy. But he finally meets a girl who likes him for him but then mistakenly thinks he is married. SO he comes up with a plan to ask his assistant,  Jennifer Aniston, to play along as his soon to be divorced wife. Then it escalates to where her children are involved and it just keeps going and going and going.  In fact the two child actors that play the  children steal almost every scene they are in. Great casting there.  The movie is funny, lots of improv was involved and you can tell they were having fun making this movie.  If you liked 50 First Dates then you will love this one.

Final Verdict: I think it will added to my Sandler Collection.

Other Tidbits:
-Nicole Kidman plays a minor role and it was awesome to see her express her crazy zany side. And she was really funny.
-Sandler plays a plastic surgeon so look for many of his SNL alum who appear as his patients.

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this movie. Didn't see the end coming which is always a nice surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I might actually see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, yay!!! Can't wait to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not seen this yet but if is in the same vein as 50 first dates...I will watch it.

    ReplyDelete