Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

27. Ferris Bueller's Day Off


                Save Ferris.  Is there really anything else that I can say that hasn’t already been said about how great this movie is. This movie is a classic--a flat out piece of cinematic legend.  I can still remember in 6th grade when I went to see this movie in the theater for the first time.  I know it probably led to many of high schoolers skipping out on school but it’s so funny.
                John Hughes is a genius we all know that. From weird science to home alone, he never disappoints.  Not to mention that Matthew Boderick became an over night phenomenon with this leading role. Little known fact that Boderick actually lost out on being Marty McFly and had to “settle” for this little known project. I think it worked out best for both him and MJF.
        Everyone knows the plot of this movie.  So I’m not going to spend much time on it and just talk about the parts I love. First off, the whole beginning scene where Ferris gives us the guide to faking out the parents and where he’s talking to camera is one of my favorite opening scenes to a movie ever.  I love the scene at Wrigley field and remember the great days of yelling “Hey Batter Hey Batter Swing Batter Swing” and finally the parade scene. Classic Ferris.   

Final Verdict: Even Ed Rooney couldn’t stop me from owning this movie.

4 comments:

  1. Wow...this is one of my All time FAVORITE movies! it has go much going for it, classic comedy, some slapstick, drama...and Charlie Sheen's role as the delinquent psychologist for Jennifer Grey's character...awesome! There is just too much to talk about. it is a great movie. I would have loved to see a sequel..."Ferris Bueller's Next Day Off", how he skips a day away from work .....anyone???....anyway Matthew Broderick does an outstanding job at portraying this character, I could not have imagined anyone else in this role, he nailed it perfectly! This is a movie anyone can watch and enjoy. Worth owning! 110%

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie with Abe Frohman, the Sausage King of Chicago.

    Some movies are so entrenched in the culture of a generation that they are inseparable. John Hughes created what I like to call the Holy Trinity of 80s High School movies: Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, and Ferris Beuller's Day Off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bueller! Bueller! Bueller! Bueller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh another classic! If you don't like this movie then clearly there's something wrong in your head lol

    ReplyDelete