Blog Description

WHAT IS THE 365 BLOG CHALLENGE?
I own ALOT of Movies but Why? I go to ALOT of movies but Why? I watch ALOT of movies but Why? A movie a day for one year. that is my first 365 blog challenge. I am putting all my movies in a box and pulling them at random, including the ones owned by the wife.

Monday, September 12, 2011

154. Contagion

I don't know about you but I have really been looking forward to the movie Contagion which was written by Scott Burns and directed by Steven Soderbergh (the Ocean's Franchise). Seeing the previews just made me more and more excited and anxious to see how awesome this movie was going to be. I love end of the world/disaster movies so this was right up my alley.

Plus, I figure that it was going to be interesting when Soderbergh went into it wondering how many Oscar winners and nominees he could kill off in one movie! For example, as the trailer gives away Gwyneth Paltrow's character dies within the first fifteen minutes of the movie. I am not going to tell you if these individuals die or not but other notable oscar nominees and winners who appear in this film include: Matt Damon, Kate Winslett, Laurence Fishburne, and Jude Law. Although I don't think that it was particularly important, my wife was quick to note that Jennifer Ehle from the British Pride and Prejudice mini-series (which is one of her favorites) also starred in this film.

Contagion will keep you on the edge of your seats and as far away from other movie goers as the theatre seats allow...yes, you will be that paranoid by the time it is finished! Anyway, this movie was totally awesome!

Final Verdict: Worth Owning!

1 comment:

  1. I like that they didn't go overboard and kill every single character that you care about. Still it makes you wonder what lengths people will go to to survive. I really loved the scientist that was played by Jennifer Ehle. I think that she did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete